Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ch Ch Ch Changin'

I feel the need to have a post here that isn't titled WIP, so here it is!  I'm pretty sure no sewing projects will creep they're way into this post. 
Last Thursday Scott and I started talking about redoing the kitchen sometime soon.  Before we do that we would need to refinish the living room floor.  Before doing that we wanted to rip up the carpet in the bedroom so that we could redo the wood in that room at the same time.  So we talked a bit about it then ripped up the carpet in the bedroom.


So it turns out that the wood was crap.  We now have three different colors of fake wood floors in our house (shh, don't tell any one).  After taking all the furniture out we decided to rearrange the bedroom.  Some day when we grow up we will get real bedroom furniture... maybe even a headboard!



Sometime during all this redoing I went to the Zoo with Janae, the kids, and Evi.  Scott did the floors and I did the Zoo!

So, after changing up one room we had to do more: 


The red velvet couch went into the toy room.  The desk lost it's legs and became a coffee table.  The glider ended up in our room.  All of this will continue to change.... forever and ever.

After all this, the kitchen got a new table cloth, thanks to my mom, and the two red retro chairs... I'm eventually going for a retro-esque theme in the kitchen to show off my mismatched Fiestaware collection that will continue to grow.   ...Maybe not retro; just lots of white so the bright colors POP! POP!

Because of all this I've realized I need new curtains (or other window coverings) in just about every room in the house... perhaps that's a sewing project for the future!

No comments: