Tuesday, September 14, 2010


I cannot wait to put the girls in the same room.  If I could fit a crib and a bed in Molly's room I would do it. I can't.  I've really thought about it, but there are three doors, two windows, and what I think is a chimney inside the wall that juts out of the corner.  No room for anything along the walls. 
When Molly is capable of sleeping in a big bed we have one ready in the attic.  It matches Allyson's and they form bunk beds.  They will go in Molly's room where the crib is.
Allyson's room is PINK. Below is ths best picture I could find of it (mainly because of Nola's snazzy hairdo).
It's going to be the girls' play room.  I'm kinda sick of the Super Pink-ness of it, but I don't want to get rid of it all.  I was thinking maybe cream stripes but then I was thinking maybe some big pattern all over or random circles or squares... suggestions welcome. 

The green bookshelf and a matching desk will probably be in the room too along with the kitchen furniture.
I think I have at lest 6 months before I get to do all this, but I'm totally looking forward to it!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Four-Year-Old Leftovers

I think it was about four years ago that I started cutting out 2 1/4" squares out of all the leftover fabrics I had.
Here are a few of them
  My plan was to make a quilt for me for my bed and it would be filled with memories of past projects and clothes, etc. 
So, there were distractions of other projects, kids, whatever.
Fast forward a few years and you have me trying to get rid of some clutter.   I decided to just make a blanket out of what I had and not worry about it fitting my bed (I will probably never make a quilt for my own bedroom). 

But this quilt is finished! ...and it only took four years (so it's not quite finished but it will be by tomorrow) meh.

It's a little smaller than I had originally wanted but I really like it. Who know's what I'll actually do with it, but there it is.
some detils:

 Now I just need to finish the three other quilts I'm in the process of making!

Oh, and I finished this one the other day too.

It's made from the crib bumper that I used for both the girls.  I just cut it into squares and sewed them back together and made a little rag quilt for Molly (it's smaller than a crib quilt, but CUTE)