Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Yard, Current Progress

So, I've taken a few recent pictures of my yard and here they are:

I've started putting in a flower bed around the front part of the fence, which is slow going because Scott has to dig before I can do anything. Also, I have no yard budget, so all my plants and flowers are pilfered from my mom's yard and Janae's neighbors (all donated, not stolen).

It's part vegetable garden and part flower bed.  Here are the veggies:


...and here are some of the flowers:
I know the pictures aren't that great, and really, neither are the flowerbeds.  But the garden is a work in progress.  Next year it will be georgous.

I've also decided to move some of the random plants that have started growing where I don't need them to places that are hard to mow. Since we are on the corner we have lots of stuff in our yard that we don't want like two telephone poles, a stop sign, a no parking sign, and some wire things coming off the telephone poles. I don't know how to use a weed whacker so I'm going to surround those things with pretty plants instead of tall grass.
Example:

I'm putting hostas in the few places in the yard that are mostly shaded.  Next to the back porch and at the end of the driveway.  Next to the porch they are looking kinda silly, but I will work on that.


(Sorry about the ugly picture of the dirty driveway)

Despite the crappy pictures, the yard is coming along nicely and it's not a bad place to hang out these days.

1 comment:

lucylucia said...

Man, them be some crappy pitures. Ha! Actually, I think everything looked great!!