Sunday, July 19, 2009

El Dio de la Fence

Yesterday we bean the process of putting in our fence. This process started with Scott waking up at 5:15 (God knows why) to make sure he was at Home Depot at 6:00 to rent the big machine in the picture below. He and his brother started drilling holes in the yard at about 6:15...sorry neighbors! it sounded like a lawn mower, but that still sucks when you're sleeping.

Allyson decided to help. She picked up the extra dirt and moved it to random spots in the yard.

We started using her as a measuring stick. If you could see more than her head, then the hole wasn't deep enough.

The next step was mixing the concrete to pour in the holes. Notice Nola in the picture below. I think she's sad because she couldn't put her big gloved hands in the concrete.
Then they put up the fence posts and that's where it stoped. Apparantly you have to let the concrete set up for a day or two. So now I just have fence posts in my yard (no picture yet). Hopefully by the end of this week we will have a completed fence... our gates are on order so those might have to wait till next week.
I'll post more pics as the process continues!

3 comments:

lucylucia said...

Fun, Cayce! I am really looking forward to seeing that fence up. You should invite me over to look at it. :) Also, who knew you had to pour concrete for a fence?!

lucylucia said...

Also, I think it should be El Dia de la Fence. I know, I know - I'm not trying to be annoying.

Mama Nae said...

YOU NEED TO BLOG. Blog Baby Blog!