Thursday, November 17, 2011

Me Oh My Miss Molly

Molly is barely three years old and has been to more doctors than Scott has been to in his whole life (disregard the fact that his crazy family never goes to the doctor). 
To vent my frustration I shall make a list (an excel spreadsheet would do nicely here, but it's a bit unnecessary)

It all started before she was even born...
1.  At my ultrasoud to find out her gender the stupid tech thought she saw a hole in Molly's heart so I had to get an EKG on my belly.  They saw nothing but I still had to bring her back when she was 2 weeks old.  NOT easy to do an EKG on a newborn.

2. I'm going to count her Pediatrition here because shots suck!

3.  When she was 17 months old we discovered the DIABETES!  So we were in the hospital for a week.  Hospitals are not condusive for naps so we lost those.  I miss nap time. 

4.  Now we have an Endocrinologist that we get to go to every 3-4 months

5.  She also has to get her blood drawn once or twice a year... doesn't sound so bad but when you're a three-year-old used to teensy weensy needles the ones they take your blood with are GIANT and SCARY!

6.  The Beetus also messes with your eyes, so Mollys been to the eye doctor twice (remember, she just turned 3)

7.  She's also been to the dentist... that's just good hygene

8.  At her 2 yr and 3 yr checkups she failed the hearing test so we got to go to an Audiologist.  She failed that test too!  Hearing loss, they said, that can be corrected with medication or surgery.

9.  Because of the damn audiology test we went to an ENT who is making her come back in a month to see if the fluid behind her ear drums clears itself out.  If not,  who knows!  Maybe surgery (by this I mean tubes in her ears, which I had done when I was 4 also).

Molly is scared of needles, hospitals and (for some reason) male doctors.... she's only had one male doctor and we just met him today.  Most of her appointments have been in the hospital, so I think she's lying about the hospital thing (or she just doesn't want to spend the night there),  And the needle thing is just silly.  After getting at least 4 shots a day I think she is just a drama queen.   ... As if she's not getting enough attention!

Allyson will get her turn when it's time for braces... her only problem is thumb sucking.  (and I would bet my life that they will both be wearing glasses by middle school)
Both my girls are awesome and I love them... but I'm starting to hate their doctors!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The lack of excel sheets is disappointing.